Draft plans for LTSP workshop at Sheffield Hacklab - Matilda Social Centre
May 26th - 27th ( TBC )
Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) is an addon package to Gnu/Linux Distributions that allows you to run lots of low powered "thin" clients from a central server. This allows you to quickly deploy labs of terminals, make changes and simplifies maintenance.
- Moderate IT Skill levels
- Linux desktop users wishing to expand their skills in system administration.
- Adminstrators looking to gain insight into setting Linux Terminal Server based networks
- Activists looking to quickly implement lowcost, reliable networked media labs using redundant technology
- Installing Debian and SUSE file server in preparation for LTSP
- Getting and installing the latest version of LTSP
- Automatic IP addressing using DHCP
- Exporting File Systems using NFS (Network File System)
- Network Booting from Etherboot and PXE
- Running graphical applications across a network ( Remote X ).
- Setting up for local device access ( local sound, USB, CD devices )