Difference between revisions of "Bicycology"

From Aktivix
Jump to: navigation, search
(Latest Action Points)
 
(99 intermediate revisions by 10 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Bicycology is a collective formed by riders who wanted to build on their shared experience of the 2005 [http://www.g8bikeride.org.uk/ G8 Bike Ride] and organise future events of a similar nature. By focusing on cycling we aim to persue our vision of a just and sustainable world through a combination of education, entertainment and creative direct action. The collective was formed during a weekend meeting at the [http://www.veggies.org.uk/sumac/ Sumac Centre] in November 2005 with 15 original members. There is also a [http://www.bicycology.org.uk/ Bicycology Website].
+
Bicycology is a collective formed by riders who wanted to build on their shared experience of the 2005 [http://www.zenatode.org.uk/g8bikeride/ G8 Bike Ride] and organise future events of a similar nature. By focusing on cycling we aim to persue our vision of a just and sustainable world through a combination of education, entertainment and creative direct action. The collective was formed during a weekend meeting at the [http://www.veggies.org.uk/sumac/ Sumac Centre] in November 2005 with 15 original members. There is also a [http://www.bicycology.org.uk/ Bicycology Website].
  
== Additional Pages ==
+
==Latest Action Points==
  
James: have tried to tidy this up too, but i've made a few new pages with links to them elsewhere, not sure if they need them here...? Anyone know if we can push this into a box like the contents one?
+
Older not-yet-completed Action Points and longer term aims/ideas can be found here: https://en.wiki.aktivix.org/Bicycology/ActionPoints
 
+
* [[Bicycology/Money2007]] Budget information etc. for 2007 Tour
+
* [[Bicycology/Kitlist2007]] List of kit for '07 tour, includes bikes, trailers, people, tents, maps etc.
+
* [[Bicycology/BGTB]] The Bicycology Guide to Bicycology
+
* [[Bicycology/Music]] Add requests for tunes you want to hear on the ride
+
* [[Bicycology/Films]] Ciderman III is apparently way cool!
+
* [[Bicycology/Website]] all things website
+
* [[Bicycology/Media]] Press releases etc
+
* [[Bicycology/Insurance]] If someone need insurance details they are here
+
* [[Bicycology/Money]] Budget info, tracking income and expenditure, bank details etc.
+
* [[Bicycology/Website]] A new website for bicycology
+
* [[Bicycology/Meetings]] A Page with a proposed general meeting structure, also dates of meeting and links to previous minutes?
+
* [[Bicycology/Misc]] Bits and pieces including article and discussion about links for Bicycology website
+
 
+
* [[Talk:Bicycology#Wiki Development]] Discussion about how to develop wiki
+
* [[Talk:Bicycology#CTC Debate]] Offer of CTC partnership/ sponsorship - see
+
* [[Talk:Bicycology#Tagline Debate]] Tagline debate is now on Talk page -
+
 
+
 
+
<pre>
+
Quick guide to adding additional pages where necessary. Edit this section and add your new page title to the list,
+
following the format of the existing ones. For example, to add a page about cider you would add something like:
+
 
+
 
+
* [[Bicycology/Cider]] This is a page about the joys of fermented crushed apples
+
 
+
 
+
Once you save your edit then you can just click on the new link and it will take you to a blank page that you can start editing.
+
Don't go mad creating new pages tho...:
+
</pre>
+
  
 
== Latest News ==
 
== Latest News ==
  
* Next Meeting set for 15/16th December - London.
+
== Calendar ==
* 3-10/10/07 Anglesea meeting over (see to do list below)
+
* Pedals 1 rises again at Faslane
+
* Climate Camp done
+
* 2007 Tour completed
+
  
==Anglesey Meeting==
+
''' January '''
  
Action Points agreed [Person taking action on]
+
''' February '''
  
1.Research techniques on how to communicate difficult issues [Dan, Matt, Mel]
+
''' March '''
  
2. Draft leaflet about how to get involved, and circulate for approval. [James, Patrick]
+
25th-27th Bicycology Meeting number 30 in London
  
3. We will write down or otherwise communciate our experiences of initially getting involved in Bicycology. [All / James to facilitate].
+
''' April '''
  
4. New pages for guide to be discussed and proposals to be put on email list [Aurora, Matt, Charlotte, Im, James, Seb, Liz]
+
''' June '''
  
5. Write guide page on Oil and War, Climate Change and Social Justice [Mel, James]
+
''' July '''
  
6. Send Tetra Pack covered guide to lots of places, with Patrick's article for Peace News [?]
+
''' August '''
  
7. Print another run of 1000 stickers at £200 [Im], continue research into more eco-friendly stickers [Seb]
+
''' September '''
  
8. Transfer Felix, Adam, G8 older John, Donna, Dave Clasby and Andrew (veggies) to announcements list, explaining that they can always rejoin the main list if they want to become more actively involved. Email Chris and Tabs to ask them whether they want to remain on the main list or not [Ian].
+
''' October '''
  
DONE
+
''' November '''
  
9. Printed guide pages to be counted and their locations to be noted on the wiki [Im and others]
+
''' December '''
  
10. Put all leaflets up on website, for print on demand if needed [Dan]
+
== Additional Pages ==
  
11. Guide to be reprinted when we run out, after email list notification, with additional pages if they're ready. Cost ~£300  [James & Im]
+
Anyone know if we can push this into a box like the contents one?
  
12. Info banner to be sent to Imogen [Tim, Imogen]
+
* [[Bicycology/ActionPoints]] Everything that we said we'd do that hasn't been done yet
  
13. Spares to Stroud [Tim, James]
+
* [[Bicycology/Archive]] A list of things out of date stuff removed from the WIKI. If you spot something out of date, move it to here, and once it's been archived it can be removed totally.
  
14. Trailer to Falmouth [Tim, Liz]  
+
* [[Bicycology/BGTB]] The Bicycology Guide to Bicycology - Drafts for new pages, plus archive of old text (ready for updating)
  
15. Zine/Booklet on How to do Pedal Powered Stuff, in conjunction with SEASON  [Patrick]
+
* [[Bicycology/Blog]] Getting started with the Bicycology blog
  
16. Organise weekend get-together to make CTC 50s style film [Matt, Dan, any others interested]
+
* [[Bicycology/Text]] All text and artwork for discussion/editing (other than Guide pages) here
  
17. Document Pedals [Ian]
+
* [[Bicycology/Films]] Record of the films we have
  
18. Collect footage of Dutch folk using bikes in normal ways [Liz]
+
* [[Bicycology/Insurance]] If someone need insurance details they are here
  
19. Food leaflet to be updated [Liz]
+
* [[Bicycology/MaxPunnage]] Space for sharing/discussing possible names for the 'tourtoise' / any other slogan type debates (ie, the old one)
  
Points 20 - 36 to be done in a month.
+
* [[Bicycology/Media]] Press releases etc
  
20. Move Future events to Past on Website [Dan]
+
* [[Bicycology/Meetings]] A Page with a proposed general meeting structure, also dates of meeting and links to previous minutes?
  
21. Brief introductions to What We Do [James] and Why we do it [Aurora]
+
* [[Bicycology/Money]] Budget info, tracking income and expenditure, bank details etc.
  
22. Rewrite new members bit [James, and others]
+
* [[Bicycology/Music]] Add requests for tunes you want to hear on the ride
  
23. Page about Donations [Patrick]
+
* [[Bicycology/Stockroom]] What have we got and where
  
24. Sort out Guide and Leaflets - comprehensive and not pdf [Dan]
+
* [[Bicycology/Website]] all things website
  
25. Pictures to be added to 2006 tour story, and split to separate pages, 2007 story to be written and pictured similarly [Patrick]
+
* [[Talk:Bicycology#Wiki Development]] Discussion about how to develop wiki
 +
* [[Talk:Bicycology#CTC Debate]] Offer of CTC partnership/ sponsorship - see
  
26. Remove flashing stars, remove moving guide [Dan]
+
* [[Bicycology Research]] Bicycological things we've been researching and wish to share with the group
  
27. Sort out the WIKI, archive the old bits [Ian]
+
<pre>
 +
Quick guide to adding additional pages where necessary. Edit this section and add your new page title to the list,
 +
following the format of the existing ones. For example, to add a page about cider you would add something like:
  
28. Put more pictures on site, through buttons [Liz & Dan]
 
  
29. Update local groups pages [Aurora & James]
+
* [[Bicycology/Cider]] This is a page about the joys of fermented crushed apples
  
30. Write something about WIKI Training [James - for Mel & Anne]
 
  
31. Put an easy to use link to the wiki on the main site, invisible to public [Dan]
+
Once you save your edit then you can just click on the new link and it will take you to a blank page that you can start editing.
 
+
Don't go mad creating new pages tho...:
32. Write a warning about the certificate warning [Matt]
+
</pre>
 
+
33. Work out a way of sharing the info address load [Matt & Ian]
+
 
+
34. Make a Press Page [Liz, James]
+
 
+
35. Write intro to announcement list and keep it updated [Amy & Aurora].  Next announcement to go out when website sorted, monthly prompt after that.
+
 
+
36. Collate all the reports about us [Ian] and link to press page on website [James]
+
 
+
37. Pay Lou £25 [?]
+
 
+
38. Travel Pool to be treated as donations and expenses for Bicycology [Patrick]
+
 
+
29. Make page of Thank You's for website, to include funders, and explanation of our attitude to funding [Matt]
+
30. Look into City & Guilds maintenance course for various members [Amy]
+
 
+
31. Make up list of things to make donating more fun/connected to our stuff [James]
+
 
+
32. Look into Ecodemia / Talk at Sussex Uni [James/Seb]
+
 
+
33. More advanced but still accessible maintenance guide [Seb]
+
 
+
34. Short practical films like puncture repair [Matt/?]
+
 
+
35. Film about cycling in England [Matt/?]
+
 
+
36. Pure car-culture critique film, separate from bicycology? [Matt/?]
+
 
+
37. Look into Network for Social Change funding [Patrick]
+
 
+
38. Buddy system to be used to keep people not at meetings up to date [Im>Mel, Amy>Tim, James>Paddy, Charlotte>Anne, Dan>Andrew]
+
 
+
39. Test email system for decision-making [Aurora]
+
 
+
40. Email names for the places we all live - so people can contact bicycologists local to them, and remove from website reference to local groups [All/?]
+
 
+
41. Confirm and clarify that Alexis can't be Oxford Bicycology, but can have help from us to set up his own activist bike group [Ian?].
+
 
+
42. Regular "to-do list" of action points [James]
+
 
+
== Things to do ==
+
 
+
Taken from Minutes, Lancaster Meeting 1-3/6/07
+
 
+
- ACTION Tim - to ask CTUK about money for parts from last year
+
 
+
DONE - cost waived!
+
 
+
- ACTION Dan - to put pdfs of guide on website
+
 
+
- ACTION Liz - has she asked Kebele about where we can put bikes
+
 
+
DONE - library
+
 
+
- ACTION Charlotte - still to look into tripod poster stand idea
+
 
+
- ACTION Im - still to contact climate camp for their mail out - when flyers are done
+
 
+
DONE - sent as pdfs for DVD
+
 
+
- ACTION Liz - did she contact CTC - re. funding?
+
 
+
DONE - they haven't got any money left from making their 'film'
+
 
+
- ACTION Matt - still to persue the Persula Foundation for funding
+
 
+
− ACTION Patrick & Aurora to put a standard agenda on the wiki
+
 
+
ACTION: Matt & Dan to upload the film and some short clips to various locations.
+
 
+
HALF DONE - uploaded to dan's site.
+
 
+
ACTION: Matt and Dan to do some more filming to get some narrative for future films
+
 
+
ACTION: Im to find out how hard wearing the scrim-free material is
+
 
+
DONE: scrim free for indoor use only, so we go with scrim on...
+
 
+
ACTION: Taking in to account any comments from this weekend, then Im has agreement from the group that she can make the final decision to
+
make the: new banner, A4 flyer, A6 flyer
+
 
+
DONE - all ready to go
+
 
+
[ACTION] Matt to reduce word count on Family Cycling Page and forward to Imy ASAP
+
 
+
DONE - finished and sent off
+
 
+
[ACTION] Imogen and James to do final changes based on what has been agreed.
+
 
+
DONE - all sent to print
+
 
+
[ACTION] Patrick, matt, Charlotte available to do final proofing with 24 hr turnaround.
+
 
+
DONE - everything proofread by at least im, james, and one other
+
 
+
[ACTION] James to write something to send to new people (standard email).
+
 
+
[ACTION] Charlotte to get FOE group's local press contact details for all towns.
+
 
+
DONE
+
 
+
[ACTION] Charlotte and James to finalise press release for all towns. Initial press releases to go out on 13 June.
+
 
+
DONE, first press release sent, second and third to go out soon
+
 
+
[ACTION] James to choose photo/s for press release
+
 
+
[ACTION: Andrew to look at route Aylesbury, Oxford, Swindon]
+
 
+
[ACTION: Patrick to add bit to WIKI with what maps we have; everyone to add]
+
 
+
DONE - people need to add maps
+
 
+
ACTION: James to continue organising Oxford]
+
 
+
DOING
+
 
+
ACTION: Patrick will contact Dragonfly housing co-op
+
 
+
DONE - James spoke to Kathryn, offered spaces but poss no longer necessary
+
 
+
[ACTION: Andrew to make sure food is sorted Swindon]
+
 
+
There is a bike recycling project at Malmsbury, which may be on route. ACTION: James to investigate and see if we could stay there.
+
 
+
DONE: emailed but no response, phoned - answerphone message left but no reply
+
 
+
ACTION: Imy to take publicity to Sustrans Bristol event the weekend before the tour.
+
 
+
ACTION: we need feedback from Anne and Liz on Bristol bits
+
 
+
DONE - things nearly sorted
+
 
+
ACTION: Liz to confirm all is fine with Tinkers Bubble.
+
 
+
DONE - all is good
+
 
+
ACTION: Patrick to contact friends who live near Yeovil to get contacts and ideas for activities in the town.
+
 
+
ACTION: Amy to contact uncle about Yeovil
+
 
+
ACTION: Aurora to get back to council with proposed Exeter schedule
+
 
+
DONE: times confirmed, posters sent out with times on
+
 
+
ACTION: everyone bring tetrapacs to make wallets
+
 
+
ACTION: Tim to get info on bulk buying scabs and tyre levers
+
 
+
DONE
+
 
+
ACTION: Tim to write text and Imy/James to design/print infoslips on how to mend a puncture
+
 
+
DONE: Liz is editing and illustrating
+
 
+
ACTION: Ask all host venues to save tetrapacs
+
 
+
ACTION: whoever is sorting out events is to sort rain cover at the same time
+
 
+
ACTION: James to set up tat section on WIKI
+
 
+
DONE - needs details
+
 
+
ACTION: Matt put tarp info on tat section of WIKI
+
 
+
DONE - "
+
 
+
ACTION: James and Patrick to work on ways to move the brox
+
 
+
STILL WORKING!
+
 
+
ACTION: Matt and Aurora to be tat fascists, and will phone round 3 days before tour to confirm what people are bringing.
+
 
+
ACTION: Paddy will write/copy carbon footprint questionnaire and circulate ASAP.
+
 
+
ACTION: James to make A3 laminate versions of guide pages for display and will work out at least one way of displaying them.
+
 
+
ACTION: James to bring materials, stencils, for clothes customising
+
 
+
ACTION: Dan to bring his hangers. Others to do their ideas for displays if they wish.  
+
 
+
ACTION: Amy to bring 2 or 3 white coats and stethoscope.
+
 
+
ACTION: Paddy to ask friends about Middlesex hospital medical gear.
+
 
+
ACTION: James to print out receptionists' forms and possibly labels.
+
 
+
ACTION: Patrick to make a chalkboard and get chalk.
+
 
+
ACTION: all to look out for short films to screen.
+
 
+
B.I.K.E is in the post, Cyclehero has arrived but is not going to be shown!!
+
 
+
ACTION: Patrick to make second pedal generator to charge Pedals II battery, and to talk to/visit Ian to discuss this and solar panels.
+
 
+
ACTION: James send film text for Cube to Anne.
+
 
+
DONE
+
 
+
ACTION: Whoever wants do do Bicycology workshops at Climate Camp needs to download form from CC website and do it now.
+
 
+
TOO LATE NOW, DONE
+
 
+
ACTION: James to be Action Point fascist, chasing the agreed actions, on weekly basis.
+
 
+
==2007 Tour==
+
 
+
Below is a time/place line for bicycologists to work on, agreed at the St Matt's Meeting.  It needs updating.  Can people please put skeletal details here (there's room for more detail under the places section below):
+
 
+
 
+
*12th Meet in Aylesbury. (thurs)
+
*13th Meet in Aylesbury. (fri)
+
*14th AYLESBURY (sat)
+
*15th AYLESBURY (sun)
+
*16th AYLESBURY - SCHOOLS (mon) Ride to Oxford - Guerilla films?
+
*17th OXFORD  (tues)
+
*18th        (weds)
+
*19th        (thurs)
+
*20th Arrive Bristol - Guerrilla film night
+
*21st BRISTOL (sat)
+
*22nd BRISTOL (sun)
+
*23rd (mon)
+
*24th Yeovil (tues)
+
*25th        (Weds)
+
*26th Arrive Exeter (thurs)
+
*27th EXETER (fri)
+
*28th EXETER (sat)
+
*29th :-(    (sun)
+
 
+
==Places - People resposible and latest info, etc ==
+
 
+
=====Aylesbury: Matt=====
+
 
+
Latest News: aylesbury has gone missing. it was last seen in the early hours...Read More.
+
 
+
Confirmed Accomodation: the lovely friends have once again done us proud. big up to the george fox massive.
+
 
+
Confirmed Events: saturday, kingsbury square (same place as last year) sunday vale park. sunday evening film night, alfred rose park community centre
+
 
+
Confirmed Food supplies: seven courgettes, four onions and eleventeen thousand bags of seabrooks finest.
+
 
+
=====Oxford: James=====
+
 
+
Latest News:
+
 
+
Oxford Bike Polo up for a game and guerilla film night
+
Oxford Cycle Workshop up for joining event
+
Cyclox (local cycle campaign group) emailed, no response yet
+
Climate Information & Outreach Network (based in Oxford, emphasis on personal carbon budgets and household emissions) emailed, no reponse yet
+
Roadwitch Project (street reclaiming, 20's plenty campaigning, weird bicycle sculpture spectacles, petrol rehab clinic street performance) emailed, main guy too busy for event but possible further links
+
 
+
Confirmed Accomodation:
+
 
+
Confirmed Events:
+
 
+
Confirmed Food supplies:
+
 
+
=====Swindon: Andrew=====
+
 
+
Latest News:
+
 
+
Confirmed Accomodation:
+
 
+
Confirmed Events: None, plan to be spontaneous!
+
 
+
Confirmed Food supplies:
+
 
+
=====Bristol: Charlotte & Liz=====
+
 
+
Latest News:
+
 
+
Confirmed Accomodation: Kebele
+
 
+
Confirmed Events: Sat 21st Castle Park 11am - 4pm, Sun 22nd Eastville Park 12 noon - 6pm, and Kebele - food & film night 6.30pm onwards (films later).
+
 
+
Confirmed Food supplies: Hopefully access to Kebele kitchen (Liz - can you confirm this?). Anne & Liz can lead us to the nice and ethical food shops.
+
 
+
=====Yeovil:=====
+
 
+
Latest News:
+
 
+
Confirmed Accomodation:
+
 
+
Confirmed Events:
+
 
+
Confirmed Food supplies:
+
 
+
=====Exeter: Tim, Aurora & V=====
+
 
+
Latest News:
+
we are going to receive funding from exeter. They'll pay us after the event.
+
 
+
Confirmed Accomodation: we need to find somewhere!we have access to the new town community association for using the kitchen and store things.
+
 
+
Confirmed Events:
+
Friday 27th: 11-4 Event at Goldsmiths Square and Film night in the cafe of the Picture House at 9pm
+
 
+
Saturday 28th: 11-4 event at Belmont Park.
+
 
+
Confirmed Food supplies: Seasons Wholefood shop.
+
 
+
== Diary Dates ==
+
 
+
FORMAT: date / event + place / who is going
+
 
+
* 9 June / World Naked Bike Ride, London (& Brighton) / Tim
+
* 16,18,22 June / Bike Week Stall, Bike Film Night, Bike Polo, CM in Stroud / James, Imogen
+
* 20 June / Barton Hill school opening + Green Day, Bicycology Stall, Bike Beautification (Doctor bike?) / Bristol / James
+
* 21-24 June / Bicycology stall (with Plane Stupid) at Glastonbury Festival / Paddy (+Patrick?)
+
* 29 June / Critical Mass, Pedals II inaugural ride? / London / Ian, Tim?
+
* 7 July / Dr Bike and stall, pedal generators at Forest Gate Festival, London / Tim, Patrick, Old John?
+
* 7 July / Bicycology stall at Sustrans 30th birthday in Bristol / James, Imogen
+
* 13-28 July / Bicycology Tour Aylesbury to Exeter / everyone!
+
* 1 - 6 August / Big Green Gathering, Bicycology stall in Transport Solutions tent, “at least one” ticket agreed / Paddy?
+
* 11-13 August? / Ride to Climate Camp, “Cross-country critical mass” / Patrick?, James?
+
* 14-21 August / Climate Camp, nr Heathrow, Bicycology area and outreach / Tim, Patrick, James?
+
* 8-9 September Derby Ecofest - (See Ian's e-mail 17/6/07 - contact organiser if we want to get involved)
+
* 11 Sept / Disarm DSEI, London, Bikes not Bombs outreach event, critical mass / Tim, James?
+
*End Sept / Faslane, Bikes not Bombs contribution to Faslane 365 finale ? / Tim, James?
+
* 19 -24 Sept / No Border Camp, nr Gatwick, Bikes not Borders / Tim, Patrick?
+
* 22 Sept / World Car Free Day
+
 
+
==Guide Pages==
+
 
+
James: I've moved all the text off the front page, and put the 2007 stuff with that from 2006. there's some overlap so at some point it can all get properly finalised there, ready for next years edits!!
+
 
+
* [[Bicycology/BGTB]] The Bicycology Guide to Bicycology
+
  
==Other text and design proofing/editing==
+
==2008 - Routes to Solutions==
  
*[[Bicycology/Text]] All text and artwork discussion other than that for the Guide pages moved here
+
[[Bicycology/RTSStuff]] Links to all the pages for organising Routes to Solutions
  
==2006 Tour==
+
==2006 - Tour==
  
* [[Bicycology/2006Tour]] now an archive of everything that relates to the past and not the present...
+
* [[Bicycology/2006Tour]]
  
 
== Wiki Users ==
 
== Wiki Users ==

Latest revision as of 22:56, 25 May 2011

Bicycology is a collective formed by riders who wanted to build on their shared experience of the 2005 G8 Bike Ride and organise future events of a similar nature. By focusing on cycling we aim to persue our vision of a just and sustainable world through a combination of education, entertainment and creative direct action. The collective was formed during a weekend meeting at the Sumac Centre in November 2005 with 15 original members. There is also a Bicycology Website.

Latest Action Points

Older not-yet-completed Action Points and longer term aims/ideas can be found here: https://en.wiki.aktivix.org/Bicycology/ActionPoints

Latest News

Calendar

January

February

March

25th-27th Bicycology Meeting number 30 in London

April

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

Additional Pages

Anyone know if we can push this into a box like the contents one?

  • Bicycology/Archive A list of things out of date stuff removed from the WIKI. If you spot something out of date, move it to here, and once it's been archived it can be removed totally.
  • Bicycology/BGTB The Bicycology Guide to Bicycology - Drafts for new pages, plus archive of old text (ready for updating)
  • Bicycology/Text All text and artwork for discussion/editing (other than Guide pages) here
  • Bicycology/MaxPunnage Space for sharing/discussing possible names for the 'tourtoise' / any other slogan type debates (ie, the old one)
  • Bicycology/Meetings A Page with a proposed general meeting structure, also dates of meeting and links to previous minutes?
  • Bicycology/Money Budget info, tracking income and expenditure, bank details etc.
  • Bicycology Research Bicycological things we've been researching and wish to share with the group
Quick guide to adding additional pages where necessary. Edit this section and add your new page title to the list,
following the format of the existing ones. For example, to add a page about cider you would add something like:


* [[Bicycology/Cider]] This is a page about the joys of fermented crushed apples


Once you save your edit then you can just click on the new link and it will take you to a blank page that you can start editing.
Don't go mad creating new pages tho...:

2008 - Routes to Solutions

Bicycology/RTSStuff Links to all the pages for organising Routes to Solutions

2006 - Tour

Wiki Users

Here are links to the ActiviX User Pages of all the Bicycologists who have contributed to the Bicycology Wiki as of July 26th 2006. People might want to start keeping some stuff specific to them on their own pages. Note, these are general AktiviX user pages so you don' need to restrict yourself to stuff about Bicycology!